Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Magic 100 Post Threshold

I run a couple of blogs that are centered on specific content. These are all located on blogger.com, so I do not pay a penny for them, other than the time that I spend posting on them. Hence the name of this blog, penny blogging.

I chose a specific topic are that I am interested in, or interested in learning more about, and use the research that I use to create blog posts the gain more knowledge about the topic area.

Or, if you are fan of a particular celebrity, you can use that person as a platform to spout your views on his or her behavior in the limelight. I myself am not particularly fond of that method, since I do not wish to take advantage of other peoples fortunes or mis-fortune. But it one of the easiest ways to build traffic, especially if you watch google trends to develop your content.

If you want to increase your google page rank (If you are reading THIS blog, then YOU ARE!), it is important to use labels and link back to content that is located within your site to the targeted content. I do not practice this a whole lot here, but if you want to make money online, then you should put this into practice. See, I just did it!

There are also other ways, like getting links from high rated sights. Some MMO bloggers make you pay for the link backs from there higher rated sites to help boost your sites rankiongs. I will not waste my money paying for a link, but if someone were to make an offer, I certainly would take the money ;). On the whole, the whole link back method that MMO bloggers use is a pretty big pyramid scheme, on a grand scale, and on the Internet.

The best way to get page rank, is content. You need at least 100 good quality posts, that contains useful information. This takes time, but can easily be done of you sit down and jot a few notes centered around a specific topic. Then develop a list of titles for your topical posts and just write them down. Title 1, Title 2, Title 3, etc. Then create a series of articles of about 100 to 200 words each.

The great thing about most blogging software like wordpress and blogger.com is that you can write all your articles on a Saturday afternoon, and then schedule their release over the next week or two. This way it looks like you are an active blogger. Your blog newsfeed is kept up to date and your readers will keep coming back for more throughout the week.

Before you know it, you hit 100 posts. Once you hit that 100 post threshold, you will start to see your daily hit count go up!


No comments: