Friday, January 2, 2009

Income Reports for November and December

I have set up about 7 blogger type blogs, and also have my own hosted website that I have placed Adsense and Project Wonderful advertising on. I also have a couple of more blogs set up that are getting ready to be monetized once I have a few more posts, and they have aged a bit.

At the start of the month, I was on fire, posting nearly every day on the blogs, but have tailed off a little towards the end of the month. Holidays. They mess everything up. But supposedly the News Years Resolution is supposed to correct all of that. Right.

I think that the holidays may also have lead to less net surfing, as everyone was out buying their last minute gifts. I have noticed that Internet traffic to my sites are on the decline, despite my efforts to add more content. Revenue is down, and the earnings per visit are also down.

Another possibility could be that this is a sure sign that the economy is taking a downturn. Less money is being spent on advertising. It it tough to gauge whether my measly income that I earn from these blogs would be a good indicator of advertising dollars spent, but I take it as sort of a bad sign.

I made $5.84 in November on Adsense, and in December this value dropped down to $4.60. On ProjectWonderful I got about the same numbers. I earned about $0.10 in November, but this value has dropped down to around $0.05 per day. It seems that there is something going on, and I will keep an eye on this trend.

I am hoping that it is just a holiday blip and things will move upwards from here as I continue to add content and think of more ways to generate income.

Still have not decided if I will try PayPerPost or Smorty yet. I may go for it on a couple of sites once they have reached maturity. They generally need 20 posts and need to be greater than 90 days old, and I have not reached that criteria yet on any of my blogs except for one, and I would like to keep that one PPP free, as it gets good search results.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Your is very good. I'm following.
You can follow me if you want.
Have fun!