Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Waiting for Blogs to "Mature"

For new blogs, you are going to see a limited income. In other words, you are probably not going to make squat the first couple of months. You need to build links, posts, and traffic .

Most affiliate services will turn your blog applications down since you lack Google page rank, and have a limited presence on the web. I have set up a bunch of different blogs that are focusing on certain keywords, and I am going to try to make a little money. So far, I have one pretty well established blog, and the others are slowly coming along. Some have made more progress than others. Since they focus on a variety of different topics, I have only found certain time that I have been interested in posting to them.

Waiting for sites to mature can be a long agonizing process, because you are not seeing any fruits of your labor. This is why it is important to stay focused and remain positive. Another key is to remember your goal, and keep posting.

In addition, the time will come to start to market your site. So far, I have done very little, other than adding the sites to Entrcard.

2 comments:

Ambrosia said...

Nice blog! I'm in the same boat with the lack of time for marketing blogs. I've considered Associated Content for my article ideas, but wasn't sure if I'd make anything. Good post on that!

For traffic, in addition to entrecard, I've had some success with linkreferral even though I haven't had the time to do the 'surfing' part. I've tried others, but they mostly led you around to bogus work from home sites to 'surf'...no thanks!...lol

Good luck in building it to maturity!

JAMcLynne said...

Ambrosia, Associated Content is good if you want to make a little money fast. I write for them too. I get pretty much $5 per post and plus whatever payouts per page view. There is greater potential for blogging if you are good...