Sunday, January 11, 2009

Penny Blogging and Google Page Rank

The BlogSphere has been abuzz about the recent Google Page Rank update. The Google Page Rank occurs several times a year, usually about every quarter. Your Google Page Ranks affects how your blog pages appear in search result and generally runs on a scale from 1 to 10. There are several websites where you can go and check your results.

After the recent update I went out and check several of my blogs. Most are too young to even appear in the results. They came up as N/A, including this penny-blogging site. I do have a couple of blogs that are a little older, and did not notice any change in their numeric value.

One of my more established blogs (well not really established) has a rank of 1 and its value remained unchanged. However, even though the value has not changed, I have noticed that the number of searches that I get from Google on this site has dropped precipitously. This is not a good omen. I still am getting pretty good traffic on this site due to RSS feed readership.

Not sure if blogs in general have just got an overall downgrade in rank from Google perspective, and I would be interested in any comments. Therefore, there is a little poll for you on the sidebar.

No comments: