Thursday, December 11, 2008

Becoming a Consistent Money Maker

If you want to make money blogging, the fist core skill you will need to develop is writing. You do not have to be a good writer, just a consistent one. Ideas need to flow from your head and right into your post. It is kind of like spontaneous writing, although you will need to go back, do a little proofreading and fact checking. I think some spelling errors are OK though, more on that later.

The only way to develop this skill is to practice at it. The best way to practice your writing is to get on one of your blogs and start posting. Sounds easy right? Usually, it is not, because you want your post to have something to do with the topic area that your blog is centered around. You need to put a little though in your key search terms. Remember the search terms that you want to key in on and make a few links to previous posts or topics that are covered those terms.

I have a lot of blogs. On certain days, I came across something that hits one of my subject areas that I am interested and BAM! A post is born. Not every blog gets a post every day. I do try to hit them once or twice a week. A variety of blogs, helps keep your extemporaneous writing juices flowing.

I have a bunch of blogs, that cover a wide variety of topics that I have a little bit of knowledge in. These center around hobbies, or sports teams, and other things that I am interested in learning more about. Usually, I need to perform a little bit of research to fill in a little factoid, etc. because I want to get it right. Nothing turns away a reader faster than inaccuracies. I may not get it right all of the time, but I make an honest effort.

But, as I said before, an occasional spelling error is OK, I have gotten quite a number of hits on posts that I have that rank high for mis-spelled words. For example, in one blog entry I mis-spelled Plaxico as Plaxco, and got a tone of hits for Googlers looking for Plaxco. By the way, Plaxico Burress is a member of the New York Giants who recently made some headlines in the United States.

Anyway, to bottom line is you need to be consistent in your approach. Write something every single day and post it somewhere. If you do not have a place to post it, then simply start a new blog covering that subject area!

No comments: