Sunday, December 14, 2008

Make Money Learning a New Skill

You can make money online and learn a new skill online! It is very easy, simply start a blog about the topic area that you are interested in learning about. Your blog can be your self-help guide, and reference database when you need to look up information. And you know something? It will also become a reference database for others as they as the perform searches on the Internet! So why not place ads on your database, err blog, as people come to look for information.

For example, I am interested in learning how to program in Java, which is a very common computer language that is used for programming software applications to run on your computer. I know a little about Java from reading books that I borrowed from the library. I even know a little about how to write simple programs with Java. But, I want to take that idea, to learn more Java programming, set a goal, and then accomplish the goal. In order to reach that goal, I am going to start small, by learning about a specific part of Java programming: Graphical User Interfaces.

I am interested in learning how to write programs that use Graphical User Interfaces. This is known as GUI programming. Sounds complicated right? It really is not. A GUI is simply a application, like for Internet Explorer or Firefox browser, of say, something like the Google Earth program.

The applications that I would like to create are not quite as complicated as those programs, just simple programs with menus, buttons, and checkboxes. I probably will not create anything specific to start, I just want to get the basics down.

I could spend a ton of money taking a class at a local college, or I can even do it for free by reading some books at the library. But, time is money, and every minute spent doing something is money spent, if you are not making money. So, I decided that I wanted to make money learning Java GUI programming. I am going to set up a very specific blog centered around this very topic!

This blog will contain everything I learn from reading and testing. It is going to be very specific as well. That way, it will key in on certain search words naturally. The adds will go up and then other users will find the very same information as they search for it on the Internet.

No comments: