Friday, December 5, 2008

Set Goals to Make Money Blogging

When you start something new, you want to have a feeling of accomplishment. The best way to do this is to set a goal for yourself. The best way to do this is simple: Write the goal down. It may sound complicated but it really is simple. Come up with and idea, think of how that idea can be brought to life, and then right down what you want to accomplish.

The idea for this little venture had very simple beginnings. I recalled all all those depression era articles that I read that explained how people work a little on the side to make money. I knew that I was not going to sell eggs or take in boarders, or paint houses on as an extra business. I needed to do something that did not take a whole lot of time, was fairly easy, and most importantly: ACHIEVABLE.

When you achieve at something you gain confidence. You also get motivated to take it to the next level to accomplish more.

The number one way to put you idea in motion is to write it down, and then write down the goal on a piece of paper and post it something that you will see every single day. This can be something that is just a sentence or two long. But it should be visible to you every single day.

For my make money online venture, I have a simple idea: Use blogging to make a little extra cash with multiple blogs, centered around keywords.

The goal is simple: Make $1 a day on these blogs.

Next you need to take your idea and goal and WRITE IT DOWN. Put it on a sticky pad next to your mirror in your bathroom. You will see it every day and you will be reminded that you need to do something that is important that day! Achieve your goal! Writing it down almost guarantees success. If you do not write it down you will forget about it in a week, and never achieve that goal.

This may not seem like a lot of money, actually it is a pittance and will make no difference in my income, as I already have a high paying job. But it is something that is achievable. Once I reach that goal, I can move on to the next level, say $5 a day, then $10 a day, etc. There is nothing wrong with updating your goal. Just make sure it is expanding, not contracting.

I already am about halfway to my goal. Through Adsense I am pulling in about $0.50 a day in visits and clickthroughs. This is just with a few blogs and posts, using Entrcard and BlogCatalog to promote. Soon, I will be ready to move on to the next level.

No comments: